The MAKITA DC18RC has a cooling fan and Active 3 Controls. This means that during the loading of the charging voltage, charging current, and temperature is held in the holes. The cooling system blows cool air into the battery. As a result, high temperatures occur in the battery, so that the battery life is extended, and the charging process is accelerated.
– Fast charging – charges a Makstar 18v LXT Li-Ion 3.0Ah battery in only 22 minutes
– Built-in CPU – gathers information from the battery’s memory chip to determine optimum charging method
– Forced air cooling fan – cools the battery to minimise charging time
– Digital power display identifies the condition of the battery and charging condition
– Makita’s 18v & 14v batteries have a built in memory chip that records the battery usage history. While the battery is connected it will transmit the data to the charger
– A great advantage of Lithium Ion technology is that it provides the user with the possibility to charge the batteries anytime, without any need to wait for their complete power deployment. A great improvement compared to older technologies like Ni-Cad